- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pkg 16oz fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole milk
1. In large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Stir milk and cream into berry mixture until well combined. Transfer berry mixture to 1 ½- to 2-quart ice cream maker bowl and churn as manufacturer directs, about 25 minutes or until mixture is thickened to soft serve consistency. If not serving right away, transfer ice cream to an airtight container; cover with plastic wrap, then seal. Freeze up to 3 days. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.