- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup s quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries, cherries, and/or cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbs coconut flakes
- 2 tbs raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs slice d almonds
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apples, and/or apricots
1. In small skillet, toast almonds over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
2. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In bowl of food processor with knife blade attached, process ¼ cup oats and almonds 15 seconds or to fine crumbs; transfer to medium bowl.
3. In large bowl, combine dried fruits, sunflower seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and remaining 1 ½ cups oats. Add peanut butter, honey, and extract, and stir until well combined and mixture begins to stick together.
4. Using gloves or moist hands, form mixture into 1 inch balls, then coat lightly with almond oat crumbs. Place on prepared cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight to allow oats to absorb moisture.