- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp clove s
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 5 pound fully cooked whole boneless ham
1. Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° F for 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140° F (about 15-18 minutes per pound.)
2. For the glaze, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves in a small saucepan. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
3. Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board, http://www.porkbeinspired.com