- - Romaine lettuce, tomato slices
- 1/4 cup honesy mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 pound s ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slice s American cheese
1. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Cut star shapes from cheese with cookie cutter.
2. Lightly shape ground beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160° F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper after turning. About 1 minute before burgers are done, top with cheese stars.
3. Serve in buns with sauce, lettuce and tomato.
Total recipe time: 30 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com