- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped plus additional for garnish
- 1 loaf (about 13 ounces) ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic clove s, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut loaf of bread lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into 6 equal pieces. Place bread in single layer on rimmed baking pan; brush cut side of bread with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
2. In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Let stand at room temperature 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
3. To serve, spoon tomato mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.